Effective communication in the workplace is crucial for a happy environment. Here are some tips to help improve your team’s communication and morale:
Communication is a two-way street
- It is just as important to listen to you colleague as it is to speak
- Listen to the words of the speaker, and do not interrupt
- Keep an open mind and try to understand their point of view
Speak Calm and Clearly
- It is ok to be attentive, but make sure you are calm while speaking
- Explain in as much detail as possible
- Do not raise your voice or speak in an aggressive manner
- Always have a subject line so recipients understand the importance of the email
- Avoid using CAPS as this can be misconstrued as shouting or anger
- Keep your message clear and brief, providing only relevant information
- Make an effort to respond in a timely manner. If you do not have time to write a detailed response, even a quick reply acknowledging their email and you will attend to it shortly lets the sender know you are interested in their message.
For more great tips, keep checking my blogs.
If you would like to see how I can help get your office organised book your free consultation today. firstname.lastname@example.org